Saturday, February 16, 2013

Amy Winehouse-Back To Black (In Memoriam)

Twenty years ago, today, on February 16, 1993, my maternal grandmother, Juana "Blanca" Lopez de los Reyes, died. I was the last person in my family to speak to her, on the phone, just hours before she passed, at the age of 84.

In Memoriam of her, whom I think about invariably, and who, God willing, I will see again, one day in Heaven, I dedicate this song, by one of my favorite all time artists, whom I adored and left us, all too quickly.
Amy Winehouse pose in the "Back To Black" official video
(Image: SFT)

Missing Amy Jade
(Image: Vecernji)
Graceland Memorial Park North Cemetery on Calle Ocho, in Miami
Juana Rosa Lopez de los Reyes
"Mima", as our family affectionately called her in December 1987
Christmas time with my grandmother
On a trip to California, at Knott's Berry Farm, circa 1975. My grandmother is to the right of me, and my sister, Maylen, is to the left
Playing with me in Westchester 
Born on August 30, 1908

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails