Monday, February 4, 2013

The Greatness Of Shakespeare

Words in the present English language created by The Bard of Avon, via Mental Floss:

1. Addiction: Othello, Act II, Scene II
2. Arch-villain: Timon of Athens, Act V, Scene I
3. Assassination: Macbeth, Act I, Scene VII
4. Bedazzled: The Taming of the Shrew, Act IV, Scene V
5. Belongings: Measure for Measure, Act I, Scene I
6. Cold-blooded: King John, Act III, Scene I
7. Dishearten: Henry V, Act IV, Scene I
8. Eventful: As You Like It, Act II, Scene VII
9. Eyeball: The Tempest, Act I, Scene II
10. Fashionable: Troilus and Cressida, Act III, Scene III
11. Half-blooded/hot-blooded: King Lear, Act V, Scene III/ Act III, Scene III
12. Inaudible: All’s Well That Ends Well, Act V, Scene III
13. Ladybird: Romeo and Juliet, Act I, Scene III
14. Manager: A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act V, Scene I
15. Multitudinous: Macbeth, Act II, Scene II
16. New-fangled: Love’s Labour’s Lost, Act I, Scene I
17. Pageantry: Pericles, Prince of Tyre, Act V, Scene II
18. Scuffle: Antony and Cleopatra, Act I, Scene I
19. Swagger: Henry V, Act II, Scene IV/A Midsummer Night’s
20. Uncomfortable: Romeo and Juliet, Act IV, Scene V

Hat Tip: William Shakespeare Facebook
William Shakespeare 
(Image: UK Telegraph)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails